Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Holiday World Was Packed!

When we planned this weekend we did not realize it was the last full weekend Holiday World was open for the season. We figured it out about 9pm Friday when the hotel and campground were packed full! We decided just to enjoy the beautiful weather and our time together and not worry about the crowds. It was a little difficult to coordinate 3 different "levels" of fun- seekers, but I think we did pretty well. The roller-coaster crowd got to hit a few of those, the toddler crowd got to hit their rides, and those of us in the middle got the best of both worlds! Except for my poor sister Jessica, between the 3 yr old and the 4 month old I think she only made it on one ride! I still really enjoy the water park side- their are so many great slides, wave pools, lazy rivers and splash areas. I am just happiest sitting in cool water and watching other people.

We went out to dinner at a German restaurant in Jasper Friday night. Saturday night was a Mexican restaurant in Jasper. Breakfast both mornings was at a cafe in Dale. Lots of good food and good company. Not to mention all the good things we ate at Holiday World. Here are a couple photos of the group.
On the way home we drove past the exit for Marengo Cave- and made a very spontaneous decision to stop and see it. I am so glad we did, it was really neat. Here are a couple photos from the cave. Anybody ever experienced true total darkness? It is very disorienting when they turn out the lights down there!

1 comment:

  1. Look at how far behind I am...I haven't even done my post yet! Argh. It was a lot of fun, stressful but the fun outweighed the stress. We already want to go back next year!

    ReplyDelete