Sunday, August 23, 2009

Avis Acres Fine Cuisine


Everything on the plate, with the exception of the bacon in the green beans, was produced here at Avis Acres! We were very excited about this plate and everyone ate lots! Chris really wanted the chicken fried and claimed he had never done that. So even though it feels like a lifetime since I had, I did pan fry it. He had a great suggestion to use potato flakes and flour for the light breading and it worked great. Right now I have a whole wheat black bread baking in the breadmaker and oatmeal soaking to prepare in the morning. I feel very healthy and productive!(with the exception of the fried chicken and bacon, of course!)

1 comment:

  1. Yummmmmm....

    I'm sure your chicken was wonderful! I'd love to take two of your birds and have Mother fry them like she used to, see if she's still got it!

    ReplyDelete