Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Babies,babies, babies!!

I have been breeding Holland Lops for a couple of years. This is my most successful series ever! I have learned several lessons along the way. Number one: Always breed multiple does at the same time in case you need to foster some babies to another mom. Number two: Don't give up- it is not as easy as everyone thinks! So here are my babies. I bred 5 Hollands and have 3 litters- one more has pulled fur for the nest but still no babies. I also 2 Netherland Dwarfs and have 1 litter- the other one has pulled a little fur but no kits yet.

This litter of 3 Hollands looks like a solid tort, a broken tort, and a broken tort that might be a peanut (which would be ok even though peanuts don't usually make it because it tells me both parents are true dwarfs)


This litter of 4 Hollands are 2 blacks and 2 black otters.


This is the Holland litter I am most excited about- a black and a blue, which tells me both parents carry dilute- a great thing if you like lots of colors. And they are so nicely fed- see how filled out they are?


This is a litter of 3 Netherlands- Rebecca found the littlest one on the wire instead of in the box so she and Chris worked to get it warmed up and back with mom- it's still doing well tonight, so we'll just keep an eye on it. I'm not so sure about the colors here.

Tomorrow we load everyone up and head to the fair. Rebecca's first show is Friday so I will try to get results on here as soon as I can!

1 comment: