Monday, July 27, 2009

And then there were two...

kittens, that is. Last week all three kittens disappeared into thin air the same day. No trace of them anywhere. There Momma was crying for them, the kids were crying and calling for them, it was awful! Sometime in the afternoon one came home covered in burrs. That same evening a neighbor called and said her husband had been walking around the mile a found a kitten by the road in front of our house. She was calling to see if it might be ours. The third one never returned ( the gray and white one that Rebecca had claimed). When I heard one had been found by the road I knew what had happened. The kittens went for a ride under a vehicle.

Today I was running late and drove to work faster than usual. I had a good day and finished up a little early. As I headed out of the parking lot with my windows down to enjoy the beautiful afternoon I heard this strange noise. Odd. I turned out of the hospital parking lot, through the stop sign, and heard it again. I realized what it was as I approached the gas station on the corner. I'll bet I looked really cute there jumping out of my car and running all around it yelling "here kitty, kitty, kitty." I could still hear it but couldn't see it, so up with the hood, still calling for it. I finally saw it's yellow eyes through the engine compartment. I called it up and it crawled through the engine and came straight to me. Can you believe that cat rode under my vehicle for 20 miles then waited all day?!? I still can't believe it. So we have two very lucky and not very bright gray kittens.

No comments:

Post a Comment