Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My day off

Today is my day off after working the weekend. I didn't realize how hard it would be to go to work every day knowing Chris and the kids are at home. I'm trying really hard not to leave them lists a mile long of everything I think they should get done while I'm gone. Chris is trying really hard to still give the kids a fun summer by only working outside in the morning and playing in the afternoon. There is always so much to do, though, I know that has been hard to accomplish.

Today we have a couple of appointments in the morning. Rebecca is going to work with the dairy cows she is showing at the fair this afternoon. Here she is with Rejoice, a summer yearling Holstein. This evening she is participating in the Rabbit Ambassador competition, also for the fair. This is a three part event, where the kids have to take a written test, identify 10 breeds of rabbits, and go through a routine where they evaluate a rabbit for an ARBA (American Rabbit Breeders Association) judge. I'm so proud of her for participating- I know it's scary for her because there is so much involved. I'm learning a lot along the way, too!

Nicholas had a ballgame last night, so he is "off" today. There isn't much on his agenda- he just has to wait around at all his sister's things today.

No comments:

Post a Comment